You Are Reading

NEW WORK

Finally got around to scanning some new art.
My first piece in a while, "Samson's Revenge". Kindly refer to the Biblical myth of Samson and Delilah:
(Click image to view larger)
Stained the paper with coffee and tea, used some Prismacolor pencils for the hand, and got to experiment with a nice Staedler pencil set, my first time working with a wide variety of degrees in terms of my pencil use. I wish I hadn't used that inky black pen to line the hand, or that I'd at least used one with a finer point, but overall I'm happy with it.

Otherwise, I've been experimenting with watercolor in my moleskine, just painting random images and then going over them with a Micron pen.
This one's vaguely based on an old comic book panel I found online, it's alright.

Here's one I did looking at an old shot of Sylvie Vartan, all about the summer vibes.

This is my favorite of the bunch. Just a couple of choir boys. I was listening to Department of Eagles while I made it, which I thought was rather appropriate.

Anyways, many apologies for the shitty scan quality, the colors aren't quite as vibrant on a screen as they are in person. There are one or two other old, oooold sketches from my moleskine that I scanned as well -- you can see them on my flickr.

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.