You Are Reading

SURFIN' - PT. 2

My eyes have recently been opened to the wonderful world of embroidery.

JANE MOUNT
Totally cute and cuddly. I mean, look at that precision, makes me wish I was even mildly competent with a needle and thread.

SASHA FOSTER
These are part of a Zodiac series and, once again, totally adorable. Love the tangled thread detail on the second boy's red sweater. I also think it's pretty cool that asides from the Zodiac "mittens", the embroidery looks more like line drawing then thread on canvas.

RICHARD SAJA
Saja wryly embroiders over the pastoral scenes on French Toile de Juoy to create unusual, often anachronistic, narratives. Really funny and wonderful use of color here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, recently I have been ALL ABOUT this music video:

Track is called "Gee Wiz" by Kindness, sooooo booty-shakin'. Unfortunately, the song is less than 2 minutes long and the info on this band and where to get more of their tunes is pretty scarce.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I present to you my photos from the Kathryn Spence exhibit at 49 Geary. Could do with a little more light, but turned out pretty decently!

Comments for this entry

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.