You Are Reading

SUMMER PROJECTS

Over the summer I made two pieces which I posted on tumblr but failed to post here.

The first is gouache on magazine paper, I call it "Kitten Cult":


Because what is better than a creepy Satanic kitten? Well, probably a lot of things, but I liked this one well enough to hang it near our front door. We installed a candelabra into the wall right above it, I'll share a picture of that at a later time.

The second is a collage I made:


I used clippings from an old illustrated encyclopedia, as well as from an old anatomy handbook I found at a yard sale (over a hundred years old if you can believe it, and it cost me a dollar).

Comments for this entry

elo

Hi! I absolutely love the picture of the flowering head and I was wondering if it'd be ok for me to screen print it onto a table? I won't be making any money, honestly this is only my second time screen printing so it's not like I'm an artist, ha. Lemme know! Thanks! If you want I can give you my email.

Unknown

hi elo, shoot me an email so i can get a better idea of what you're thinking, mona.j.palmer@gmail.com

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.